Thursday, June 19, 2008

I miss my boy...

Well, last Saturday, Steve and I drove our son to go and visit his grandparents. He's never stayed away from us this long, so we were a bit unsure as to how this was going to go. Steve and I stayed until Sunday morning so that we could celebrate Father's Day together with my parents and with Shane.

I've spoken to them most everyday, and things seem to be going well. I know that my parents are quite exhausted I'm sure, but doing quite well with him it seems. He's had a few of his little bad attitude problems, but nothing that they can't handle.

My mom did call to tell me that Shane had made a couple decisions while there. He decided that first of all, we would be going to East Texas for Christmas next year, so my mother was very happy with that idea! He has apparently also decided that we will be MOVING to East Texas, but one more thing...he will live with grandma and grandpa while we live close by so that he can visit. Do you think that he is having a good time with Grandma and Grandpa? I believe he is.

Today, it hit and I miss him a lot. I am ready for him to come home. I will be going to pick him up this weekend, but I sure do miss him! Can't wait for him to get home!

1 comment:

Corrine said...

what a fun chance for Shane to get to know his grandparents better. ITs hard to have them gone for awhile, but hopefully you got to enjoy some peace and quiet for a bit too.

SOunds like he may have never wanted to leave, always a good thing!