Thursday, October 4, 2007

Surgery

Well, my beautiful little boy is going to have to have surgery. Although, I know it's not a major surgery (tubes put in his ears, and adenoids removed) it's still surgery and he will be put under general anesthesia.

I'm not so concerned about how I feel about it, but more concerned for him. He doesn't show much in the way of pain, so when he is hurting, it's hard to tell and I certainly don't want him to hurt needlessly! I'm also wondering about the oxygen mask and if that will scare him. One of the brochures says to talk about it like a mask that airplane pilots wear to help them breathe. I thought that was a good idea.

He actually seems excited about it. He knows that he is going to get to stay home from school, and that daddy and I will both be there with him for the surgery and that I will be staying home with him one day and daddy will stay home with him the other one. They say the recovery time for this particular surgery is actually very quick, so we will see. With his extremely high pain threshold, he may appear better before he really is, so that's going to be tough to watch.

Anyway, just thought I'd post about this. Of course, with my scrapbooking, I want to take pictures, but I'm not sure what state of mind I'll be in to do that, so I may tell daddy to bring the camera, but who knows if we will actually take any pictures. We probably will! :)

No comments: