Saturday, September 1, 2007

Too Long Gone...

It's been way too long since I've updated my Blog. Life got crazy over the summer and I simply didn't take the time to sit down and write.

This was my first summer to be off and have a son! So, it was a brand new experience for me, but it was good. We all had a good summer, but I believe we were all ready for school to start.

Shane met his new teacher and she seems quite nice. Shane has always liked school, so I hope that continues for many many years.

We started Shane taking Tang Soo Do a couple weeks ago. He asks almost daily if we are going and he seems to really enjoy it. I hope that sticks with him too!

This summer has been interesting because I've been doing a lot of thinking as usual. I watch other moms with their children and I see the bond that they have. They've had since their child was in their womb to develop that bond and I so want to have the same bond with Shane. I know he still, even though the adoption is final, has doubts as to whether we truly love him and whether he will really be with us forever. I hope those doubts melt away soon and he allows us to hold his heart...truly hold it and care for it the way parents should.

I long for the day that I can be the mom that I see so many others being. I have this vision of being the perfect mom. Doing and saying all the right things, and I know that will never be the case, but I want to be the best mom possible for Shane, so I'll keep working on me, and do whatever I can to help Shane trust us fully.

No comments: