Saturday, September 29, 2007

Boys...

What is it about frogs that is so fascinating to little boys? And why do they think it's hilarious to chase their moms around with them just to hear mom scream? Why is it that every little boy has polarized feet so that puddles of water draw them in like a magnet? What is it about dirt that no matter how little there is, it will end up on his face?



See, it's been one of those incredibly awesome days in the life of a little boy. He's tromped in water, searched for minnows in the creek, came home smelling just awful from sweat because he was playing so hard. He has played from sun up until sun down and the day isn't over!



To watch him play makes my heart light. All the troubles of the world seem to fade when I see the smile on his face, and in his eyes. Sitting at the table, he quietly says "mom, can I have a hug? I've been so busy playing today that I haven't gotten very many!" He's just incredible. Sure, being chased around trying to see if the frog will pee on me isn't my idea of fun, but it sure is his! And, I intend to do everything I can to ensure that this little boy has more fun than his share! Sure, there are hard times, and times when I have to put my foot down, but the beautiful, sweet smile of that little boy, and his soft voice saying "mom..I love you" seem to wash the hard times away.



I'm so thankful for this precious gift that I've been given. I just pray that I do right by him and raise him in a way that makes him know that he is loved, wanted, appreciated, and worth more than his weight in the buried treasure that he loves to hunt.

No comments: