Sunday, September 30, 2007

Appreciation...

This morning, after church, I spent time with my 2 favorite guys, my husband and my son. As we sat eating lunch together, and Shane looks up at me and says in that sweet voice of his "mommy, thanks for fixing my lunch so it's easier for me to eat" (all I did was cut it up in to little boy size bites, but that means a lot to him).

It's so interesting to me the things that Shane appreciates. Toys, activities, getting to stay up late, those are the things that Shane doesn't SEEM to appreciate very much. It's the little things that surprise me when he makes a big deal about them. Whether it is helping him brush his teeth right, or making him a glass of chocolate milk. He is a very "thankful" kid and I appreciate that, but it also hurts sometimes. To know that he's had so little in his life, that he recognizes that these little things are a big deal. How many kids at the age of 8 years old recognize the small things? I know I'm certainly learning a lot from this beautiful little boy. I'm learning to appreciate the things I have.

No comments: