Monday, April 30, 2007

My baby boy...

There are days that you think you just can't take any more when your child is having behavior problems, and then there are tiny things that happen, that make all those feels wash away...

As we were getting ready for school this morning, it was an okay day. We had normal teeth brushing issues (ie, didn't want to), and normal issues regarding exactly how much is too much cereal for breakfast, but otherwise, it was pretty uneventful.

We got in the truck and headed towards daycare as is our normal routine. It was raining outside, so we had to make a mad dash to the truck. We jumped in and all was quiet. We pulled out of the driveway and neither of us spoke. It was just one of those quiet times where we were both calm and I was thinking about the things that needed to happen this week before Steve goes out of town, and Shane was thinking about...well, who knows what he was thinking about but as I looked over into his eyes, it was clear that his mind was occupied at the moment.

We pulled out onto the main road and as usual, he reached over and took my hand. Shane always wants to hold my hand while we are driving down the road. So, we are driving along in silence and he pulls my hand gently to his face and kisses the back of my hand softly. He then kisses 2 more times on my arm. While still holding my hand, he lays my arms on the armrest that is between us and lays his head down on it. I then hear in a very tiny voice..."I love you mommy." I melted...any stress that I was feeling at the moment disappeared and I was surrounded by the love of my little boy.

Jesus...please wrap your arms tightly around my little boy. I pray that his eyes would remain innocent and his love pure. I pray that he knows the peace of having a home and parents of his very own that will not leave him. I pray that he knows that as much as we love and care for him, that he understands that YOU love and care for him a million times more. Protect his heart from the bad things that satan will send his way. Thank you Jesus for sending such a precious child into our home and making us a family.

No comments: