Monday, December 22, 2008

Wow, it's been a while!

It has been forever since I've written anything. Time FLIES it seems these days.

Lets see, I started my new job. It was nothing at all like I expected. I work with awesome people and am happy for the opportunity to be there, but I need to get back in the classroom. I miss my students. So, I'm looking to make a slight change in my schedule. That's all in the works and I'll post more about it once it's all set. Just keep me in your prayers.

My husband...he's just as busy as ever. They've been working him quite hard at his job, and he is looking for a change now. They did some major layoffs and it hit him. So, after 13 years there, he is now on the hunt for something new. I know God will take care of us, and he was offered a nice package to separate, but it's still a bit scary to have this happen. Please keep us in your prayers here as well as he hunts for the right place of employment.

Shane....well, he's Shane. Ups and downs. He's an incredible kid with a giant heart. He's got so much in his past that you'd think he has every right to hate the world, but he doesn't. He is loving and giving and a sweet boy. He's got his problems, but given his past, I'd say he's doing INCREDIBLY well.

Christmas this year will be great. We are spending it with my Mom and Dad in East Texas. My mom loves it when we come there, and it will be Shane's first Christmas there, so he's quite excited. We are building lots of memories for Shane and ourselves. This is his first Christmas to have a "repeat." He moved foster homes so frequently, that he never experienced Christmas in the same place twice. Now...that is all changing. This is his second Christmas with us and we intend to create as many traditions as possible with him and pray that his roots will grow deeper and deeper in love and trust in us, and more importantly, in God.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: